PS3Trophies.co.uk Official UFC 2009 Undisputed Trophy Guide
Written by DuggyEG

1 4 16 10

Platinum Trophy
Obtain all Gold, Silver and Bronze Trophies
So then UFC 2009 Undisputed. Not an incredibly hard platinum trophy to get but it does require quite a lot of skill. The most challenging trophies in my opinion are the on-line trophies you'll find below.
DuggyEG
Pound-for-Pound Champion
Win the UFC Championship in each weight class in Career Mode
Unfortunately, you can't move up and down through weight classes during a career. So to get this trophy you will need to compete 5 careers, one in each weight class.

The quickest way is when your offered fights take the highest ranking option and hopefully beat them! If you fail however you'll need to keep trying and trying. Doing this isn't that difficult but it does require some skill to be able to win all the matches.
DuggyEG
Undisputed Champion
Win the UFC Championship with a fighter in Career Mode
So while your trawling through the championships for the "Pound-for-Pound Champion" trophy, you'll pick this trophy up the second you win the first Championship.

As mentioned above, if you take on the highest ranking oppenent at every oppurtunity and win you'll climb up the ranks quicker enabling you a title shot.
DuggyEG
Hall of Famer
Enter the Hall of Fame with a fighter during Career Mode
Quite tricky this. First you need to complete the entire 7 year Career. Ideally, you should also finish the 7 year Career undefeated. It pretty much garuntees you a place in the Hall of Fame. At the same time achieving you the "Call me "Not Touch!"" Trophy aswell.
DuggyEG
Call me "No Touch!"
Complete Career Mode and retire undefeated
Make sure you don't lose ANY fights through a single Career Mode. Whilst your playing through make sure you do plenty of sparring and training to improve your fighters abilities and stats. It'll make it much easier through the later fights.

If you do lose, and trust me you will, try to quit and re-start the game before it has a chance to save the loss. By completing this trophy you will probably get "Hall of Famer", "Where's my bonus check" and "Trophy Collector" aswell.
DuggyEG
Where's my bonus check?
Obtain the KO, Submission and Fight of the Night Awards with a fighter in Career Mode
Here's a run down of how I achieved the KO and Submission of the Night awards, and also how I've been told to achieve the Fight of the Night award...
  • Knock-Out of the Night Award - I went for a quick knock-out. In the first minute is ideal. Lots of head shots but try and mix it up and you'll get them worn down a little quicker.
  • Submission of the Night Award - Again do it quickly. If you improve your submission offensive stats through sparring then it shouldn't be too hard. But if you can make them tap out in the first couple of minutes your in for the Submission of the Night Award.
  • Fight of the Night Award - I've been told to go for this when I have a Championship fight. Try and make it go to a descission and you should get this. I haven't yet achieved it yet because I've always accidently managed to knock them out in the first couple of rounds.
These are the ways I've done it or been told how to do it. If anyones got any alternative methods please let me know.
DuggyEG
That was easy!
Win in under 20 seconds of the 1st round against a COM UFC Fighter in Exhibition or Career Mode
Well most people recommend using Brock Lesnar and fighting Eddie Sanchez, who are the strongest and weakest heavyweight fighters respectively. However I don't.

I recommend using a strong kick boxer with a high kick. Leathering your oppenent with high kicks as well as some strong punches to the head stops them pretty quick. DOn't use any submissions or such as they do take a little longer. As long as the knock-out blow comes under 20 seconds you got it. When I did it I hit the knock-out at 18/19 seconds and it ran over but don't worry it will count.

When you do this, avoid any take-downs/grapples and you should get the "World Class Striker" trophy aswell.
DuggyEG
Student of the game
Complete all tasks from the Tutorial Mode
Easy trophy and in my opinion the first one you should get. I didn't run straight into a fight with out going through the tutorial mode and I wouldn't recommend doing it any other way.

You'll learn a lot of very important skills that will make the game much easier!!
DuggyEG
Wax Off!
Escape 20 submissions by technical escape against a COM UFC Fighter in Exhibition or Career Mode
It's not too hard to achieve this trophy in all honesty. When you find yourself locked in a submission, start rolling the right analogue stock around to escape. You'll find it easier when the fighter your using has a good stat for submission defense, so you may find you can do it better in your Career Mode.
DuggyEG
Trophy Collector
Obtain all the trophies in Career Mode with a fighter
Here's a list of all the possible trophies you can obtain during Career Mode...
  • UFC Hall of Fame - Be inducted into the Hall of Fame
  • Striking Technique - Complete Level 3 in your Striking Technique
  • Grappling Technique - Complete Level 3 in your Grappling Technique
  • UFC Title Belt - Win a title belt
  • 3 Fight Win Streak - Win 3 consecutive fights
  • 6 Fight Win Streak - Win 6 consecutive fights
  • 10 Fight Win Streak - Win 10 consecutive fights
  • Fight of the Night - Get the most exciting fight of the night
  • KO of the Night - Perform the best KO of the night
  • Submission of the Night - Perform the best submission of the night

You can win these trophies as many times as you like during a Career Mode, except the Hall of Fame which you will recieve at the end of a Career. The win streak Trophies can be a little tricky. But as mentioned before if you lose a fight quit and reload the game before it saves and you can have another go. Read "Where's my bonus check?" for help with how to achieve Submission, KO and Fight of the Night Awards.
DuggyEG
UFC Historian
Unlock all movies from the Classic Fights Mode
In the Classic Fights, in the main menu, you'll find a list of fights. When you re-create these fights correctly your awarded a video of the fight to watch. When you look at the list of the fights look over to the left and it tells you what to do and who to do it with to unlock the reward.

EG, Win using a rear naked choke in the 2nd round with Anderson Silva. You will find that several of the fights include win by rear naked choke in "x" round. These are the most difficult in my opinion. To get into the rear naked choke, what I did was this sequence...
  1. First grab them in a clinch by holding the stick towards your opponent and pressing
  2. Press up on the right analog stick, this pulls your opponent down on top of you into full guard defense position
  3. From here, holding begin to to swing the right analog stick from the diagnol right position to diagnol left position. Your fight should begin wrapping his leg around your opponent and climbing around his back. Keep swinging the stick to keep your fight moving
  4. Once your fighter is on the back of your opponent press and you will enter the rear naked choke submission move at which point start rotating the right stick to make them submit

Now you will never get a tap out straight away. What I tended to do most, was weaken them with loads of strikes and take down attacks, and try to get the to the "2nd" stage of a submission. If you can get them this far in the 1st round you won't have a problem in the 2nd round. Just repeat the striking and ground take downs and keep going for the submission they're stamina will be draining and you'll likely get the tap out. Remember if they don't tap when you need them to, rematch the fight and try again. You could also turn on the HUD in the options so you know roughly when you should be attacking for the submission.

If you can do these tasks you'll win and get the reward. Do it on all 10 fights and you'll be award with this trophy aswell.
DuggyEG
World Class Striker
Win by KO without using any grappling moves against a COM UFC Fighter Exhibition or Career Mode
I mentioned this before in "That was easy" so if you've got that trophy you probably have this one aswell. If not you very simply need to defeat the COM using only striking so just the face buttons (). Don't use any take downs or throws and you'll get it no problem.
DuggyEG
World Class Grappler
Win by Submission using no striking moves against a COM UFC Fighter in Exhibition or Career Mode
This is the opposite to "World Class Striker". Avoid using the face buttons () at all costs. Use throws/take-downs/submissions only.
DuggyEG
Roster Run-Through
Complete one fight in Exhibition Mode with each UFC fighter
Simple really. Go into Exhibition Match, and go through each fighter having a fight. Unfortunately this only applies to single player mode. You can't let one of your buddies play at the same time it has to be against the COM. It's also worth mentioning that if you find a fighter in 2 weight classes you only need to fight with them ONCE. Another tip is to use a created fighter with no attribute settings. That way you can get through the fight quicker.

Below you will find an entire list of the fighters in weight division orders. Alternatively go to the Game Progress menu in the main menu. And you can keep track of who you have used in there aswell.

Leightweight Division
  • Kyle Bradley
  • Mark Bocek
  • Thiago Tavares
  • Joe Lauzon
  • Rich Clementi
  • Gray Maynard
  • Helmes Franca
  • Frank Edgar
  • Tyson Griffin
  • Spencer Fisher
  • Mac Danzig
  • Nate Diaz
  • Diego Sanchez
  • Roger Huerta
  • Matt Serra
  • Kenny Florian
  • Joe Stevenson
  • Sean Sherk
  • BJ Penn

Welterweight Division
  • Marcus Davis
  • Josh Burkman
  • Chris Lytie
  • Thiago Alves
  • Mike Swick
  • Karo Parisyan
  • Diego Sanchez
  • Jon Fitch
  • Sean Sherk
  • Josh Koscheck
  • Matt Serra
  • BJ Penn
  • Matt Hughes
  • Georges St-Pierre
  • Amir Sadollah
  • Ben Saunders
  • Kyle Bradley
  • Anthony Johnson
  • Martin Kampmann
  • Matt Arroyo

Middleweight Division
  • Dan Henderson
  • Rich Franklin
  • Anderson Silva
  • Amir Sadolloah
  • Drew McFedries
  • Martin Kampmann
  • Ricardo Almeida
  • Thales Leites
  • Demian Maia
  • Wilson Gouveia
  • Yushin Okami
  • Evan Tanner
  • Jason MacDonald
  • Mike Swick
  • Kendall Grove
  • Chris Leben
  • Nate Marquardt
  • Michael Bisping

Light Heavyweight Division
  • Forrest Griffin
  • Rashad Evans
  • Mask
  • Kazuhiro Nakamura
  • Tim Boetsch
  • Houston Alexander
  • Wilson Gouveia
  • James Irvin
  • Thiago Silva
  • Stephan Bonnar
  • Michael Bisping
  • Brandon Vera
  • Shogun Rua
  • Dan Henderson
  • Keith Jardine
  • Rich Franklin
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Tito Ortiz
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Chuck Liddell
  • Rampage Jackson

Heavyweight Division
  • Minotauro Nogueira
  • Frank Mir
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Justin McCully
  • Antoni Hardonk
  • Fabricio Werdum
  • Mirko Cro Cop
  • Mark Coleman
  • Heath Herring
  • Andrei Arlovski
  • Tim Sylvia
  • Cain Velasquez
  • Eddie Sanchez
  • Brandon Vera
  • Cheick Kongo
  • Gabriel Gonzaga

You'll notice that some are highlighted in blue, these are the fighters that are in two weight classes but only need to be used once. You can copy and paste this list into MS Word, notepad or whatever and print off to use as a reference for this trophy.
DuggyEG
White Belt
Win an online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
SImply win a fight in an online ranked match. Make sure that it is a RANKED match though. It's also worth noting that anyone that hasn't been online won't know how awful the lag is online. I am available for boosting of these trophies as well.
DuggyEG
Blue Belt
Win 15 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
This could be a little time consuming, as I mentioned above, the lag online for this game is pretty awful, so theres every possibility that these matches could lose connection.

Again make sure that these are RANKED matches otherwise they will not count.
DuggyEG
Purple Belt
Win 30 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
This, like Blue Belt, will probably take you a while because of the lag. Once again make sure they're ranked matches, and I am available for boosting.
DuggyEG
Brown Belt
Win 50 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
As all the above online trophies, lag will be an issue which will add a bit more time onto you getting them. Again I'm available for boosting if needed.
DuggyEG
Black Belt
Win 100 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
This is the BIG one. It will take you a long time to get it. One because of the lag and two because obviously its a lot of matches and you won't win every one you go into.
DuggyEG
Wax On!
Win 15 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter by submission
Like the Blue Belt trophy this will take you a while because theres a fair few matches you need to win. But in the course of going for the Black Belt trophy I'm sure you will win many by submission. Just make sure you win at least 15!! You gotta have a good ground game if your going to go for this legit, otherwise I'm available for boosting.
DuggyEG
Papa Said Knock You out!
Win 15 online Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter by KO
You'll get this the same way you get Wax On!, by simply going for your 100 wins. You'll probably find that you get the KO's much easier and more naturally though.
DuggyEG
Gold Digger
Obtain all the gold medals in a Weekly Mission for Online Mode
Here's the medals you need to win...
  • Damage your opponents body an average of 30%
  • Win 10 consecutive matches
  • Win with 1 attack
  • KO opponent while rocked
  • Land 100% strikes and submit opponent first try

...and as the trophy description suggests you need to do all these in ONE week. If you come to it after that you'll need to start again.

I recommend trying to do these with a boosting partner, because these are ridiculous!! It is possible to do them legit but it would take ALOT of skill.

Win with 1 attack
So here's a tip from JokazWild2...

Have a boosting partner create a fighter, and set all the stats to 1. Have him throw punches into the air on his own until his stamina is RIGHT down. Then from the other side of the octagon run at him and superman punch/jab to the face/flying knee him and it should knock him down out cold. Or alternatively you could simply get a bit closer to him and hit him hard with a head kick which would work also.

KO while rocked
Again you'll need a boosting partner. Have him hammer you until your rocked then tell him to stop striking you. It doesn't matter wether the screens grey or not, but as long as you don't take another punch after being rocked and knock your opponent out you'll get it.
DuggyEG
You Really Like Me!
Gain a million or more fans in Online Mode
When your playing online, you win fans for winning matches. If you put on a better fight you gain more fans at the end of the fight. Losing fights will mean that you lose fans, but if you put up a good fight and don't just lie back and take a beating you won't lose as many.

Whilst going for the "Black Belt" trophy you should have enough time to get this trophy aswell. Here's a tip that ally found on a 360 site...
This is one easier then u think if u boost it with a friend. First have you and your friend create a hevayweight fighter if you havent already, preferably one with no good skills. Create a heavyweight ranked match 5 rounds and CAF only. Get you and your friend in the same game. Now once the match starts just go in the middle of the ring. Both of you should now just keep tapping a punch button, dont do any combos, that way you are in less danger of knocking them out. Both of you should punch each other for one round. In the second round do this for only 1 minute. Then have one of you takedown the other and submit him. You should both be credited with 100,000 fans a match. You should get this within 10 matches.
I don't know if this method works however. But like I said keep winning matches online and you should start building up fans quite easily.
DuggyEG
ooh, in ya face!
Win a fight by flash KO in a Ranked Match with a CAF or UFC fighter
A flash KO is something like a superman punch, spinning back punch etc. It doesn't need to be a one punch knockout or anything it can come at any time in the match. But try not to throw it in with a combo or anything like that.
DuggyEG
Original Fighter
Create A Fighter and use the CAF in Exhibition or Online Mode
Easy trophy. It doesn't really matter which route you take but its certainly easier to do this by going into Exhibition. But simply go in the Creat-A-Fighter Option and create a fighter. Then load up an Exhibition match and select your created fighter.

Note that the CAF fighter is NOT the one you create for the Career Mode. It must be a created fighter from the CAF option.
DuggyEG
Red Belt
Reach level 50 or higher in Online Mode
Fighting online will simply level you up. If you fight someone with a much higher level you will get more XP whilst fighting. To begin with you'll level up very quickly. But it does slow down and start getting a bit harder.
DuggyEG
Two of my favourites!
Spoiler
DuggyEG
Wanted: Flying Mouthpieces
Spoiler
DuggyEG
Ultimate Highlights
Spoiler
DuggyEG
Ultimate Knockout
Spoiler
DuggyEG
Ultimate Submission
Spoiler
DuggyEG

Legal Notice

Copyright © 2000 - Present PS3trophies.co.uk and iEntry. All rights reserved.

This Guide cannot be republished without the consent of ps3trophies.co.uk