View Full Version : Black Phantom Invaders
13-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Just a rant from me, I hate them with a passion. They seriously ruin it for me as I can never seem to kill them very often. I just get so wound up and frustrated by this that it is seriously making me think about playing offline to avoid this extremely annoying part of the game. On the rare occasion that I have beat them I just feel relieved that I survived rather than any sense of achievement. Does anyone have any tips for this? They always seem to be faster and able to strike me more than I can. I'm having enough trouble with the creatures etc in NG+!:bigcry:
13-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, at least for me, when there's black phantoms willing to invade there'll be probably some blue phantoms willing to help aswell... Having those near you helps A LOT...
The phantoms usually appear right in the beginning of the level, so if you see a message that you got invaded, stop what you're doing and rush to the beginning and try to see the phantom before he sees you, so you have an advantage... Casting total protection also helps a lot!
And the most important thing, and this applies to everywhere else in the game in my opinion: Be able to dodge FAST! That's really important (you'll need your equip weight below 50%)
Hope it helps :)
13-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I HATE Black Phantoms with a passion! The reason why you can`t seem to beat some of those b@stards is because the annoying fkers are probably 200 levels over you, but have used Allant`s Souldrain spell to get their status to -, so they can play with lower level players and own them. Yes, childish.
It is particularly frustrating when the same Black Phantom invades you over and over again... I usually ended up resorting to suicide just to avoid giving them the souls. You can also just quit the game.
Anyways, losing the online function the game also loses a lot of good points, so things to consider:
1. Always invite 2 Blue Phantoms to your session and be shameless to hide behind them.
2. Carry poison/plague relief, and also carry a poisoned weapon or spell. Acid Cloud used to be a great spell to shoo them away, I don`t know how well it works now...
3. Learn the "Banish" miracle.
4. Ambush the phantom: If you are in the level first, you can kill off other enemies and then wait for the BP near a cliff and cast Rage of God as he approaches: he will fall off and his penalty will be greater, so ha ha.
5. Make a dash for the boss: If you enter the boss area, the Phantom is kicked back to his world.
6. Must-have weapons: Meat Cleaver and Penetrating Sword. Use against magician
7. Must-have spells: Total Protection, Acid/poison/death cloud, firestorm and soul light. Use against melee opponent
13-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I met someone the other night who is on their 3rd playthrough and they are only level 54! I dont know how they can manage it, Im struggling on ng+ and Im about level 85.
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I've had a few black phantoms help me today! lol weird!
06-08-2009, 02:33 AM
The helpful Black Phantom! Yes they do exist! It's great when they are around because the enemies will not attack them, so they can pretty much walk up to everything, kill it, and show you the way. But most importantly: if you got a friendly Black Phantom, a bad one cannot invade you. Yay. lols
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.